26 February 2011

blueberry muffins


Like every recipe I've tried from the Babycakes NYC cookbook, I am completely pleased with these muffins!


Along with pumpkin spice muffins and spelt biscuits, this is one of my new go-to recipes. I made a couple of minor substitutions, like homemade almond milk in place of rice milk, and the zest and a teaspoon of juice from a Meyer lemon in place of lemon extract, and I used less salt. Here's my version:

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

2 1/4 cups whole spelt flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil
2/3 cup agave nectar
2/3 cup almond milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of juice, plus the zest from one Meyer lemon
2/3 cup fresh organic blueberries

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.

Whisk together dry ingredients. Mix in all wet ingredients, except blueberries. When well-combined, gently fold in blueberries.

Pour about 1/3 cup batter into each cup. Bake for 22 minutes, turning 180 degrees at 15 minutes for more even baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment