19 May 2011

ozark foothills


We started our week in Arkansas by sitting with the Dalai Lama in Fayetteville, and ended with an amazing weekend of creativity and music-making at Wattle Hollow in West Fork, where this stunning poppy opened on our last day of retreat. Along with my talented husband, Donna from Still on the Hill is my new music muse, so creative and connected to the Earth and all her beings! She reminded me how to make a few notes on the violin and I came home inspired.


I think I'm going to need a new bow. When I opened up the case (for the first time in over a year) the hairs were shredded. Maybe a carpet beetle got in?


In the meantime, I'm practicing D C and G chords on the Russian mandolin, eating fresh peaches from our garden, and we found a folk song circle right here in San Diego. Many thanks to Jack, Kelly, Joy, Chef Tuesday and everyone from that fantastic Ozark music circle. Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment